Claire Childs, a brokerage and leasing agent with Vintage Realty Company was named as the 2022 Young Professional of The Year in the Top Forty Under 40 ceremony on December 2, 2022.
The Top Forty Under 40 program is a organized by The Young Professionals Initiative of Northwest Louisiana and The Greater Shreveport Chamber.
Claire is an advocate for the arts, accessible education, and inclusivity. She currently serves on the boards of Goodwill and the Red River Revel. She has also enjoyed past board roles in YPI, Sci-Port, The Opera Guild, and on the Guidance Committee for the Women’s Philanthropy Network.
“Claire has not only found professional success here in Shreveport but has invested her time and talents in giving back to the community in a variety of ways” said Dr. Timothy Magner, President of the Greater Shreveport Chamber. “She is a great example to young people in our community and we are delighted to recognize her for her contributions and accomplishments.”
The 40 Under Forty Awards honor forty professionals under the age of 40 that have excelled in their careers, education, professional development, community leadership, and volunteer efforts. One honoree is chosen out of the 40 to receive the Young Professional of the Year Award for exemplary efforts in each category.
The 2021 40 Under Forty honorees are:
· Shannon Ali, Bossier Parish Schools & Daytime Playtime LLC
· Billy Anderson, Power Coalition for Equity and Justice
· Darlenna Atkins-Davenport, Louisiana State University Shreveport
· Jody J. Bluitt, Williams Financial Advisors – WFA
· Brett Brown, Biomedical Research Foundation of Northwest Louisiana (BRF) – EAP Division
· Nichole Buckle, Carmouche, Bokenfohr, Buckle and Day, PLLC
· Claire Childs, Vintage Realty Company
· Jutorrean Davis, United States District Courts, Western District of Louisiana
· Walton Gaskins, Community Bank of Louisiana
· Dr. Narita Goff, Center for Disease Control Foundation, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Pennsylvania Bureau of Infectious Disease
· Ebony Gourrier, The Department of the Air Force and Defense Health Agency
· Emily Hamann, Social Butterfly Advertising & Design, LLC | American Rose Society
· Tierra Heard, Overton Brooks Veteran Affairs Medical Center
· Jonathan Hodge, H & H Holdings, H & H Field Services, H & H Operating, NWLA Investment Properties
· Brooke Huff, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Ally Real Estate / The Brooke Huff Team
· Alonzo P. Jackson Jr., Alonzo P. Jackson Jr. Attorney at Law
· Marie N. Johnson-Watts, Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
· Tricia Jowell, Volunteers of America North Louisiana
· Chase Kauffman, BancorpSouth Bank
· Dr. Jeffrey Kerst, Kerst & Caskey Family Dentistry
· Andrea Kimble, Etheredge Industrial Services
· Dr. Justin Lord-Stephens, Louisiana State University – Shreveport (LSUS)
· Erica McCain, Dress for Success Shreveport -Bossier
· Michael Melerine, Seabaugh & Sepulvado, LLC
· Courtney Miller, North Bossier Counseling, CORP
· Elizabeth Miller, Shreveport Symphony Orchestra
· Breunka Moon, Southern University at Shreveport
· Sandra James Page, Esq., The Law Offices of Sandra James Page, LLC.
· John Person, Nelson and Hammons, APLC
· Audrius M. Reed, Audrius M. Reed, Attorney at Law, LLC
· Alexander Richardson, Bossier Arts Council
· Samantha Roberts, LSU Health Sciences Foundation – Shreveport
· Tiffany Sandifer, Bossier Parish Community College
· Benjamin Simmons, Youree Drive Middle School, Shreveport Security Systems
· Sarah Wilkes Thompson, Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
· Jenny Traweek, Benton Middle School
· Dr. Tamna Wangjam MD, LSU Health Shreveport
· Lt. Col. Vanessa Wilcox, Unites States Air Force
· Dr. Cassie Williams, Louisiana State University Shreveport
· Laura Woodham, Ochsner LSU Health
YPI exists to create a network of community leaders under the age of 40 to enhance the development of Northwest Louisiana for the attraction and retention of young professionals in our region. YPI is proud of the role we play in the economic development of Northwest Louisiana.