ABOUT VINTAGE REALTY COMPANY
Alvin Childs, Jr. and David Alexander are the principal partners of the organization and began Vintage Realty Company in 1988 to meet the demands of the expanding commercial real estate market in Shreveport, Louisiana. Since that time, Vintage has established a strong foothold in eight additional markets. We are proud to have received accolades from local business communities including:
- Business Leader of the Year Award for Alvin Childs in 2014 Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce
- Three Small Business of the Year Awards 2001, 2003 and 2013 Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce
- One of LSU’s 100 Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses in 2011
- David Alexander – Louisiana Small Business Association Small Business Person of the Year runner-up in 2014
Vintage currently manages over 70 properties, representing a total portfolio of over 5,500,000 square feet. Office space constitutes a large component of the company’s managed properties while Class A multi-family development represents Vintage’s largest capital outlay program for the current period.
The Multi-family Department was created in 1993 as a response to a client request for development of a Class A apartment community in Shreveport. Since that initial development Vintage Realty has either acquired or developed twelve more Class A communities in Louisiana and Arkansas. Vintage has enjoyed a reputation as one of the most progressive and dynamic apartment management firms in the region.
Vintage has over 150 employees and maintains a corporate office in Shreveport, Louisiana with additional offices located throughout Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas.
- ACHE (American College of Healthcare Executives)
- AHA (American Hospital Association)
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers)
- BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association)
- CAM (Certified Apartment Manager)
- CAMT (Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician)
- CPM (Certified Property Manager)
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers)
- IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management)
- NAA (National Apartment Association)
- NAR (National Association of Realtors)
- Southern Living Custom Home Builder (Vintage Construction Group)
- USGBC (United States Green Building Council)
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
Vintage Realty’s Mission: Clients’ Interests First
Each employee at Vintage Realty Company realizes that an owner’s property represents a large investment, therefore Vintage’s core belief is to treat all assets the same – as if they were their own. From preparing and following budgets to implementing marketing plans, contract negotiations to closings, Vintage ensures that a property gets the attention it deserves.
Vintage Realty Company’s strategy is to undertake a limited number of quality projects – each of which receives the benefit of intensive and continuing involvement of the firm’s principals. The philosophy of Vintage Realty Company is to manage the asset so as to achieve the owner’s objectives.
The mission of Vintage Realty Company is to create value for its clients by realizing and exceeding their goals through an empowered team of dedicated professionals. Vintage Realty Company’s whole approach to real estate development, brokerage, leasing and management is to place primary importance on the clients’ best interest. This concept of “clients’ interest first” is the embodiment of its organizational culture and it is embraced by every member of the Vintage team.
An Exceptional Industry Reputation
Vintage has established long term relationships built on trust and confidence. Ask industry veterans or our existing clients and you will find our reputation is second to none for honesty, professionalism and solid results. We’ve built that reputation one client at a time and will continue that tradition with you.