To view this protected post, enter the password below:
Please register below to view the full memorandum.
If you have already registered, click here to go to the log in page.
This will serve to confirm your agreement concerning certain material, data and information (herein "Evaluation” Material) which we will make available to you for study in connection with a possible purchase.
We are prepared to furnish you with the Evaluation Material in connection with discussions and negotiations concerning a possible transaction involving the Property only on the condition that you treat such Evaluation Material confidentially as detailed below and confirm certain representations to us. Therefore, as a prerequisite to us furnishing to you the Evaluation Material, you hereby represent and agree as follows:
1. The Evaluation Material furnished to you will be used by you solely for evaluating a possible transaction exclusively for your own account as a principal in the transaction. Therefore, you agree to keep all Evaluation Material strictly confidential; provided, however, that any such Evaluation Material may be disclosed to your directors, officers, employees, lawyers, accountants and lenders ("Representatives”) who need to know such information for the purpose of assisting you with your possible purchase of the Property. Such Representatives shall be informed by you of the confidential nature of such information, shall be directed by you to treat such information with strict confidence and shall agree to be bound by the provisions of this agreement. You are liable for any Representative’s breach of this agreement.
You will not, and will cause your Representatives to not, copy or duplicate the Evaluation Material (except that you may copy Evaluation Material for your Representatives). You will return, and will cause your Representatives to return, the Evaluation Material to us promptly if you decide not to go forward with discussions or if return is requested by us. You agree that we have no adequate remedy at law if you violate any of the terms of this agreement. In such event, we will have the right, in addition to any other right we may have, to seek injunctive relief to restrain any breach or threatened breach by you or your Representatives of this agreement.
In addition, you agree that you will not disclose, and you will direct your Representatives who are given access to the Evaluation Material in accordance with the terms hereof not to disclose, to any person the fact that the Evaluation Material has been made available to you, that discussions or negotiations between you and us are taking place or will take place, or any of the terms, conditions or other facts with respect to the possible acquisition of the Property.
Although we have endeavored, for your convenience, to include in the Evaluation Material information which we believe to be relevant for the purpose of helping you in your evaluation of the Property for possible purchase, you understand and acknowledge that we and the sellers make and have made no representation or warranty to you as to the accuracy or completeness of the Evaluation Material and have made no attempt to verify the data contained therein. You agree that we and the sellers will not have any liability to you as a result of your use of the Evaluation Material and it is understood that you are expected to perform your own studies and are responsible for such diligence investigations and inspections of the Property, including investigation of any environmental conditions, as you deem necessary or desirable and as permitted by agreement with us. Your obligations to keep the Evaluation Material confidential shall not include information that: (i) is or becomes publicly available other than as a result of acts by you or your Representatives in breach of this agreement; or (ii) based on your counsel’s advice must be disclosed pursuant to a subpoena or other court order, but only to the extent specified in such subpoena or court order; provided prior to complying with any such order you shall give written notice to us that such demand has been made upon you and to the extent not legally prohibited you shall provide us with an opportunity to contest any such direction or order.
2. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold each seller and VINTAGE REALTY, LLC., its agent, harmless from and against all claims, actions, damages, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, arising out of any breach of your obligations under this agreement.
3. That Sellers expressly reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to withdraw property from the market, modify seller’s marketing plan or to reject any and all expressions of interest or offers to purchase the Property and/or to terminate discussions with any entity at any time with or without notice. Sellers have no legal commitment or obligation to any entity reviewing the Evaluation Material or making any offer to purchase unless and until a written purchase and sales agreement has been executed and all obligations thereunder satisfied or waived.
4. Purchaser has been advised that VINTAGE REALTY, LLC. ("Agent”) is acting on behalf of sellers only as exclusive broker in connection with the sale of the property. Therefore, purchaser agrees to pay all brokerage commissions, finder’s fees, and other compensation to which any broker, finder, or other person may be entitled in connection with the sale of the property if such claim or claims for commissions, fees or other compensation based in whole or in part on dealings with purchaser or any of its representatives (except VINTAGE REALTY, LLC. compensation which is payable by sellers); and purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless agent and sellers, their respective affiliates, successors and assigns, employees, officers, and directors against and from any loss, liability or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of any claim or claims by any broker, finder or similar agent for commissions, fees or other compensation from bringing about any sale of the property to purchaser if such claim or claims are based in whole or in part on dealings with purchaser or any of its representatives.
5. This agreement inures to the benefit of and is enforceable by VINTAGE REALTY, LLC., and the respective sellers of the Properties selected below for which marketing information has been requested. The obligations under this agreement shall terminate upon the earlier of the fourth anniversary of the date of this agreement or the date of closing any transaction regarding the Property between us, provided that if you purchase less than all of the Property, your obligations under this Agreement shall only terminate with respect to the property purchased by you.